Centre Leon Berard
It also provides a range of hospital care, including conventional, out-patient and home medical care. A specialised cancer referral unit, the CLB also grants its patients access to the ultimate in innovative treatment available in clinical research.
Due to their close geographic proximity, specialists can capitalise on the expertise brought to bear by their peers on a daily basis. On the basis of these treatment options, we will outline the various stages of patient care provided by our facility from diagnosis to life after treatment for each type of cancer. This list is not exhaustive. It refers to either the treatment of a specific disease such as breast cancer, sarcomas or skin cancers, or a group of cancers, for example:
- Digestive tumours (of the colon, stomach, liver, pancreas, rectum, bile tract)
- Endocrine tumours (cancers of the thyroid and adrenal gland, plus digestive neuroendocrine tumours)
- Gynaecological tumours (cervical, endometrial and ovarian)
- Malignant haematological diseases (non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease, myeloma, chronic lymphocytic leukaemia, myelodysplastic syndrome, leukaemia)
- Urological tumours (prostate, kidney, testicular and bowel tumours, etc.)