Treat: a cutting-edge cancer research hospital group
- The Institut Curie Hospital Group is the gold standard for breast cancer, eye tumours, and pediatric cancer.
- In addition, our hospitals diversify their activities by specializing in the treatment of other types of cancer: gynecologic, prostate, digestive, cervicofacial, lung, and hematological cancer, sarcomas, lymphomas, skin cancer, and cancer of the central nervous system.
- To provide patients with better support and treatment conditions, the Hospital Group takes a holistic approach to each patient throughout every phase of treatment. Practitioners work on multidisciplinary teams to boost effectiveness and offer patients the best possible quality of life. Our caregivers prioritize pain management and conservative treatments.
Research: one of the leading cancer research centers in Europe
- More than 80 groups work for the Institut Curie Research Centre.
- They are divided into 14 research units associated with the CNRS, Inserm, and universities.
- These groups are made up of biologists, chemists, physicists, bioinformatics specialists, and physicians. Cooperating across disciplines, they strive to understand the complex workings of cells in order to advance cancer prevention, diagnosis, and treatment.
- They use cutting-edge platforms for cellular imaging, bioinformatics, genomics, and proteomics.
- Ever since it was founded by Marie Curie, the institute has been committed to improving the application of basic research to clinical research, which is why translational research is a particular priority.
Teach : a developing branch
- Institut Curie also hosts students from around the globe at all levels, from Masters to post-doctoral, as well as hospital students and interns. Its aim is to spread medical and scientific innovations and knowledge throughout France and the world. Some 60 nationalities are represented among the students at the institute.