The Oncology Institute Ion Chiricuta (IOCN)
Academic institution

Cluj-Napoca
Romania


Founded in 1929, IOCN is one of Europe's oldest cancer centers
The Oncology Cluj-Napoca was established in 1929 by Professor Iuliu Moldovan, under the name of "The Institute for Research and Treatment of Cancer." The center was one of the first cancer centers established in Europe. Today, the Institute bears the name of Professor Ion Chiricuţă, who modernized the institution.

The Instiutute is a comprehensive cancer center of national public interest, under to the Ministry of Public Health. It offers preventive, curative and palliative medical services in the oncologic domain, as well as research and learning opportunities.

Represented by:

Rares Buiga logotype
Rares Buiga

The Oncology Institute Ion Chiricuta (IOCN) (Romania)