Key Roles and Responsibilities
▶ As a member of the Global Leadership Team, leads the oncology business for Covance, setting vision and strategy and ensuring compliance with quality systems and principles
▶ Works with clients to develop strategies for their drug- development projects within the oncology portfolio, and acts as executive sponsor for key strategic customers and their portfolios
▶ Interfaces with other Covance leaders to build consensus and create alignment on client projects and provides leadership and direction to other parts of Covance to ensure delivery of quality results for clients
▶ Presents Covance medical and scientific capabilities to clients, nurtures client and vendor relationships and performs as ambassador in the marketplace for the company’s oncology research and services
Areas of Expertise
▶ General Immunology
- Infectious diseases (HIV, HBV, HCV, etc.)
▶ Oncology (Solid and Hematology Cancers)
- Anti-infectives/immunology, CNS (solid adult and pediatric cancer), GI, lung, tumors, pain
▶ Immunology/Anti-infectious Drug Development
- Respiratory, systemic immunology diseases, neurologic degenerative diseases, allergic disease (skin and systemic), viral infection (mainly HIV, hepatitis viruses), dermatology
- Stroke, degenerative neurologic diseases, etc.
- Heart failure, obesity, hypertension, etc.
▶ Metabolic Diseases
- Dyslipidemia, diabetics, etc.
- Asthma, Infectious diseases, etc.
▶ Medical Devices
- Cardiovascular, oncology (both cure and palliative), respiratory, blood, rheumatology, wound healing, smoke cessation, aesthetic dermatology
▶ Accomplished business leader, scientist and operational executive with more than 25 years of experience in drug development
▶ Joined Covance from PPD Biotech, and served as Vice President and Medical Officer, EMEA
▶ Prior to PPD Biotech, served as Executive VP, Global Development, for LFB Biotechnologies, SA; Executive VP,
Global Operations & General Manager for Aptuit LLC; and President, Contract Research Services for Harlan Laboratories, Inc.
▶ Has also occupied senior roles at Pharmacia, Fidia, MDS Pharma Services, Galderma and ICON Clinical Research
▶ In these roles, was responsible for global businesses as large as $300 million, with track record of turning around non-profitable businesses
▶ 18 years as a practicing pediatrician, 7 years in academic research
▶ Director of Laboratoire Francais du Fractionnement et des Biotechnologies Societe Anonyme
▶ Dr. Leone joined Covance in 2018
▶ MD, Pediatrics (Summa cum Laude)University of Pavia (Italy) and Necker University Hospital (Paris, France)
▶ MD, Medicine & Surgery (Summa cum Laude)University of Pavia (Italy)
▶ Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Viral Immunology Pasteur Institute (Paris)
▶ Visiting Fellowship, Immunology and Biotechnology, Infectious Diseases cUniversity of Medicine, Pavia (Italy)